Spotify is currently one of the largest growing music apps online. Spotify has millions of songs.
You can also listen to it to pass the time. Sometimes, however, users may have to make it difficult for an unwelcome person to access it.
This is the most frequently asked question by people: “How to block someone on Spotify?” Unfortunately, there is no clear answer because you can’t stop anyone on Spotify. However, there is a process to perform it.
You can make playlists private or adjust your privacy settings to make them from public to private.
It is vital to protect your data and sometimes block others from seeing your activities.
Unfortunately, Spotify cannot block individual users or make their personal data completely private. This allows you to keep your Spotify account as confidential as possible.
Here are the steps to follow:
How to Keep Your Spotify Account Private as Possible
You’ll first want to limit the amount of shared data you have.
- If required, open Spotify on your Mac or PC and log in to your account.
- Press the down button next to your account title and choose “Settings”.
- Scroll down to the part “Social” and click the toggle next to “Make my new playlists publicly open” so it becomes grey. Next, click on the toggle to “Start a private listening session anonymously”.
Next, make sure to make any playlists you already have private. Here’s how to do it:
- Open one of your playlists.
- Click the three dots located at the top of the playlist page, next to the button “Play”.
- Choose the option “Make Secret”.
- For each playlist, you wish to keep private, repeat the above steps.