In several ways, the blue verification tick you view besides an influencer’s name is a badge of rank. Only the most famous and prominent Instagrammers will get this. It can be amazingly challenging to get verified on Instagram.
Who is Eligible to be Instagram Verified?
Instagram defines four general conditions for an Instagram account to get verified:
- Authentic: Your account must serve a real person, registered business, or thing.
- Unique: Your account must be the exclusive representation of the individual or company it represents. Only one account per person or company may be verified, with exceptions for language-specific accounts. Instagram doesn’t verify general interest accounts.
- Complete: Your account must be viewable to the public and have a full bio, profile photo, and minimum one post. Also, Your profile can’t include “add me” links to different social media services.
- Notable: Your account must represent a famous, extremely searched for person, brand, or entity. Instagram reviews profiles that feature in multiple news sources, and they don’t consider paid or promotional content as sources for analysis.
How to Apply to Become Verified on Instagram
Step 1: Log in
Log in to your Instagram account. If you have more than 1 account, confirm that you are logged into the right account, you need to verify.
Step 2: Request for Verification
1. Click the menu at the top right side of your profile.
2. Then click on the Settings icon at the bottom of the screen.
3. After that, Tap Account.
4. Click the Request verification option.
Step 3: Confirm Your Identification
- Add in your Instagram account name and complete the following fields:
- Full Name: Your complete legal name as it appears on your government-issued papers.
- Known As: This can be your name or the name of your business. Use the name that people generally identify you with that. For example, if you work typically by a nickname or use your middle name alternatively of your first name, enter that data here.
- Category: You can pick a type from news/media, sports, government/politics, music, fashion, entertainment, blogger/influencer, business/brand/organization, or any other. Select the one that gives the most sense for your Instagram account.
- Upload a copy of your government-issued photo ID or an authentic company document. For a person, you can apply with a driver’s license, passport, or government-issued identity card. For a company, you can use a tax statement, a utility bill under your business name. Please confirm that the name on your document matches the name you entered above.
- After that Click the Send Button
When you tap on the send button, Instagram will review your request for verification. Between all other factors, they will see to “verify the authenticity, uniqueness, completeness, and fame” of your Instagram account.
Tips to Get Verified on Instagram
Build Your Followers and Engagement
The key to become famous online is to become a trustworthy influencer. It means that you require lots of people desiring to follow you. But, more importantly, you need followers who will interact with you and engage with your posts. There is no purpose in owning irrelevant followers to increase your numbers.
Have an Amazing Bio
A perfect profile is one of the conditions Instagram looks for when picking whether to verify your account. Make sure to complete all of the Instagram bio with specific and appropriate information regarding yourself or your business.
Make sure you are entirely correct and truthful in all stages of the Instagram verification process. Use your real name and choose a proper category for your account. Most importantly, use an actual document with no changes or alterations to confirm your identity.
It should be clear. But only in case you are thinking about trying to cheat the system, remember this. Instagram says explicitly, “If you give incorrect or misleading information during the verification process, we will remove your verified badge and may take further steps to delete your account.”
Instagram checks every verification manually. One of the reasons Instagram review whether the user is featured in multiple news sources. How do you get highlighted in different news sources?
If you have made something newsworthy to tell, try sending out a press release. Or try expanding out to local news organizations with news concerning what you do. From there, you can produce more comprehensive coverage. Post all related stories in a press section on your website or a blog to provide them some more visibility.
Post Regularly on Instagram
The guidelines tell that you have to have at least one post to be recognized for verification. But, practically, you should not apply until you own a more strong Instagram appearance than that.
An inactive account is not an excellent applicant for Instagram verification. To raise your possibilities of obtaining the blue badge, make sure to post fresh content daily.
Do Have a Presence Outside Instagram
Even if you have many followers on Instagram, it is challenging to create the claim that you are “notable” if you have no appearance outside Instagram. If Instagram team Google you during the verification analysis process, what will they discover?
Confirm that your website or blog is optimized to show in search results. To increase your online presence, you can think about guest posting on blogs and sites, primarily if they are famous and recognized in your niche.